Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Being a momma the BEST part of my life

At the age of four Justin heard the first monster in his room!  Like most children Justin entered a phase which made him fearful of the dark.  He imagined there were monsters in his closet and under his bed.  Could be; one never knows what lurks in the dark!

His anxiety, of course, caused me concern and pushed me to come up with a solution to ease his night-time worries. I thought a lot about how to help Justin and finally came up with a simple plan that I truly hoped would help Justin.

I bought a spray can of cinnamon scented room spray.  I took a piece of plain copy paper, wrote 'MONSTER-RID' at the top and drew a picture of a cartoon monster; I topped it with the O crossed with \ like one sees on no smoking signs.  Then I taped the paper around the can and took it in to show Justin and tell him about this magic spray I had found that protects children from bedtime monsters while they slept.



Every night, for months, I diligently sprayed the 'monster-rid' in Justin's room, his closet and under his bed. Justin never worried again or gave a second thought to those old monsters again and slept soundly through the nights.  Not to mention Justin's bedroom smelled really great all the time, too!   Do something special for your child to show how much you love them and how happy you are they are a part of your life.

Most times love from the heart offers the simplest solution ending with the best results.

I wish there really was a spray to rid us of monsters like the one you encountered honey in your home on January 11, 2011.

I love you my Justin and miss you more with each passing day....I was looking forward to doing all the things we had planned over the years...now I do not want to do anything without you here honey.

I miss you and love you 'bigger than the universe' Babe, I remain Justin's momma

No comments:

Post a Comment