Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Son's 11th Birthday

Age 11. Justin's 11th Birthday plan was attending the Boweevils triple 'A' baseball game in Kannapolis, NC. It was a pretty cool deal; not only did Justin get to throw out the starting pitch (I might add he threw a beautiful pitch straight across the plate!! YEE-HA) but the package also offered hot dogs, chips, drinks, coupons for the...... gift shop and a great birthday cake for all the party goers to enjoy! As we lined up at the gate to enter Randy & I stood there with our mouths agape for this particular game night each child attending was given a miniature wooden bat! YIKES!! SIX ELEVEN YEAR OLD adolescences armed with miniature wooden bats!!! OMG!!! Talk about an intense feeling of defenselessness...sensing possible impending chaos I frantically searched my purse for band aids in case of any minor concussions and luckily I was good to go! Justin's 'home boys' all had a blast and it turned out to be a birthday party to remember; Randy & I were both thankful not even one party-goer received even a minor concussion on this night of fun so long ago! I am so happy ya'll had such a great time I still remember this night vividly! I miss you honey...I had so much fun planning your birthday parties...I know it was never anything extravagant and you were always so surprised and happy! I love you my beautiful son...Oh how much I wish we could all relive this day...

No comments:

Post a Comment