Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Justin's take on my vanity years!


I don't know if you've ever had an enlarged pore I had one on my chin and I really disliked mine. To me it looked like the Grand Canyon; yes I am aware this sounds like a melodramatic statement but I am talking about my vanity years! One day while visiting the dermatologist she informed me she could fi...x it! WOW! Who knew? The way she fixed it was to punch out and remove the area then put a couple of stitches there. After the procedure I went home and Justin (age 8) took one look at my chin and in a horrified tone asked me what had happened. I told him what the doctor did; he looked at me rather puzzled then Justin finally made his assessment. He said, "Mommie, you had a little hole and the doctor made it a bigger hole and NOW you're happy? Out of the mouths of babes! Even at 8 years of age he thought I was off my rocker! He was probably right! lololol I love you honey...at work they teased me for a week asking if I had cut myself shaving!!



Next vanity stage; I had a broken capillary dead center of my nose; I looked like a target! haha Vanity!! I found out you could have the area lazered and the hideous capillary which I saw as a target would be gone! One minor side effect; after the lazer procedure the area would become red, purple and bluish for about two weeks. So upon returning home Justin (age 9) gasped when he saw this and asked what happened to my nose. I told him about the procedure; again in his matter of fact way he said, "Mommie you had a little red place and now it is a huge purple, red and blue place and NOW you're happy?" (I believe I told you to go to your room! lololol I was only joking and you knew it!)



The final episode involving my vanity years (Okay so I dealt with a long vanity stage!) was the removal of a 'beauty mark' well that's what we called them in the day; really it's a mole! Justin, my mother and I all had a beauty mark on our jawlines in the exact same place. Remember everyone I was going through my vanity stage; I watched as my mother's beauty mark slowly move down her neck as gravity took hold; I could not bear the thought so one afternoon I went to the dermatologist and had it removed. The doctor put a band-aid on my chin and I headed home. Of course Justin (age 10) immediately asked why there was a band-aid on my jaw and I told him I had the beauty mark removed to which he replied in a horrified tone, "The FAMILY MOLE?" This was one of those gut busting laughs you so often gave me! Thank you for loving me for me; even though you had a blast making fun of my silliness and vanity years...I miss you teasing me honey...a lot! I love you & miss you a lot, too! I remain Justin's momma

No comments:

Post a Comment