Monday, November 11, 2013

Meet One of My Many Son's From Another Mother

Will, one of my son, Justin's, best friends from PA, came through Asheville on his way to FL to visit his grandparents.  We spent Saturday in downtown Asheville.  Everyone knows 'If your not weird then you're not weird enough for Asheville' or so the bumper sticker says!

There were the usual street musicians and artists.  Will was amazed; he asked if they paid to be there.  I told him no they just set up where ever they felt the urge and 'did their thing'.  He was especially interested in a young man playing a dulcimer as he had never seen this instrument.  As I do with all visitors who come to Asheville I made him take a photo by the Iron monument. 

We enjoyed a leisurely late lunch in one of Asheville's many great eateries and then Will treated me to a tour of the art museum and we were lucky enough to get a free treat to roam through the rock museum because it was after 4 PM!   

At sunset we went to Justin's grave site and hung out with Justin as we took in the beauty of the Smokey Moutains.  We shared stories about Justin and we laughed and we cried.  Before we left Will knelt at his brothers grave and said a silent prayer for my beautiful son.

Will's time in Asheville was a most wonderful surprise and memory!! 

I love you Will, my son from another mother, thank you for lunch and for treating me to the museum tour!! I know I talked too much but you were most kind and patient! 

I am OC'S momma [Justin's nickname in PA is OC for Overcash]

Will left me a surprise message!

No comments:

Post a Comment