Sunday, December 8, 2013

Justin Told the Truth

Cumberland Hall UMD College Park, MD Freshman Year [Fall 2006]~DORM LIFE

My home telephone rings:

me, "hello?"

A very excited and out of breath Justin, "HEY momma!  What are you doing?"

me, "Not much honey just hanging out; what are you doing?"

In a true Justin tone of glee he responds, "OH MOMMA!  YOU'RE NOT GONNA BELIEVE WHAT WE'RE DOIN'!!"

In my mind I am thinking OH MY GOODNESS???  Suddenly my imagination kicks into overdrive and I envision [at the speed of a second hands tick] everything I could be doing that would cause me to reach this level of excitement.  Trust me when I add; the odds are coming out to equal=NOT GOOD?

In an energetic voice and completely winded Justin barely gasps, "MOMMA, we put baby powder all over the hallway floor and then we hold our mattress start running and jump on them and slide down the hall!  My room mate Mayokun just busted his head on the concrete wall!!!

me; with my jaw agape I finally manage to say, "Oh MY GOSH Honey....is he okay?"

Justin laughing hysterically calmly states, "On yeah momma he'll be fine he just has a big knot."

To which I responded [with mild hysteria] while attempting to envision Justin's version of a knot and my version of a knot in my mind, "Honey, is this what we sent you to college for...."

Sheepishly Justin replied, "Aw momma.....he's okay.   We're just having some fun."


Left to Right:  My dear Justin, My wonderful Mayokun and My sweet Patrick.  Yes and they are covered in powder!

me, "Um....I know honey but there may be moments in college that you would rather not share with your momma!?!"

Second of silence....
 
Then we both BUSTED OUT laughing...oh the innocence of youth.

He and Mayokun developed a wonderful lasting relationship during their freshman year; true brothers for life!

Remind me one day and I will share Mayokun telling at Justin's memorial, on January 20, 2011 at the beautiful Chapel on the campus of UMd where he had everyone laughing with his college stories, how he tried to get Justin to toss aside his studies and just have college FUN!  [His attempts, although numerous and creative, never worked!] 

I miss you Babe...A LOT, so much it is painful.  I miss your calls, I won't get started cause you know I miss everything about you son, but your calls were always special.  A way for you to tell me you thought of me, wanted to share a moment of your life with me and say love you.  I truly appreciated this part of our relationship more than I will ever be able to express to you honey, or anyone for that matter, in words.  I can't stop thinking of you and all the 'what ifs'....I love you honey and I know you're fine; I just wish you had never had to leave us and especially in such a horrible manner...  Nothing is fun or funny anymore honey...Thank you Babe for 22 years of smiles, laughs, gut laughs and please please I have to stop laughing my face hurts!!  I love you Justin, my son, my constant...momma    

No comments:

Post a Comment