Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bereavement isn't a condition that clears up

A poem written by a bereaved ~Unknown~mother who lost her child too soon!  I would like to share her words with all the mothers who have lost their beautiful children; she knows [all too well] how we feel and what we endure from people who mean well but all they really need to say is, "I'm sorry."  I remain Justin's devoted, loving, sad and confused momma ♥

Please, don't ask me if I'm over it yet

I'll never get over it

Please, don't tell me he's in a better place

He's not here with me
 

Please, don't say at least he isn't suffering
I haven't come to terms with why he had to suffer at all
 

Please, don't tell me you know how I feel
Unless you have lost a child
 

Please, don't ask me if I feel better
Bereavement isn't a condition that clears up
 

Please, don't tell me you had him for so many years
What year would you chose for your child to die?
 

  • Please, don't tell me God never gives more than we can bear
  • Please, just say you are sorry
  • Please, just say you remember my child
  • Please, just let me talk about my child
  • Please mention my child's name
  • Please, just let me cry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment