Monday, February 4, 2013

University of Maryland Donation letter for murdered Senior's Scholarship

I love my son, Justin, more than life itself; that his life was cut short when Justin had so many dreams coming to fruition from his years of diligence and dedication is heart wrenching. The "Justin DeSha-Overcash Summer Research Award" was put together by Justin's mentor, advisers and grad friends at the University of Maryland College Park, Md; they completed it by March 2011. Justin's legacy is to academics, his first and last real love. On January 14, 2011 a wonderful staff member from UMd called to speak with me pursuant to the arrangements for Justin's memorial; I cannot recall her name but I will always remember what she said. "Ms. DeSha did you know Justin has 174 credits?" "Yes ma'am we talk about everything." Staff member, "Did you know Justin took every difficult course offered?" "Yes ma'am Justin loves a challenge." Staff member, "Did you know Justin knows the Assistant Dean of Physics personally?" "Yes ma'am." Staff member, "NO! I mean personally [vocal emphasis on personally]." I replied, "Yes ma'am." and smiled through my tears. Justin's junior year he taught a class. Curious I asked, "Justin, did teaching a class lead you to think you might like to become a professor?" He looked at me in his 'matter-of-fact' manner and said, "No momma people don't want to learn!" That's my Justin.... LETTER AND INFORMATION TO SEND DONATIONS SUPPORT JUSTIN'S SCHOLARSHIP~PLEASE Help if you can any amount is GRATEFULLY appreciated..this scholarship is my son's legacy....God bless...I am Justin's momma

PLEASE DONATE IF YOU CAN; Thank you, I remain Justin's momma 



http://advancement.umd.edu/giving/ Search [Overcash] and follow links...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment