Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blind sided by more murders of UMd students in Prince George's County, MD

This evening I received a call from Linda Clement [president of student affairs at UMd]. She was very upset that I had not been notified of the murder of one student, wounding of another and suicide of an engineering grad. She added, "Chief Dave Mitchell had volunteered to call you early this morning so you would not be [blind sided] by this horrific and senseless event." I told Linda, "Yes the sad story hit me very hard and I cried most of the day for these young men, their families and friends." I added, "Do not worry that Chief Mitchell did not call I am sure he has his hands full right now." A gal friend told me, "I knew the rest of the story last night but I did not want to call and upset you." {This was a good decision.} However; the story was the first thing I saw on my yahoo mail; I began crying before I even opened the story site. I have to say I have been researching PG County MD for the pasty two years and probably know more than the residents know! It's messed up; that's for sure. It is high time that the CAMPUS SAFETY ACT IS PASSED...WE DO NOT SEND OUR CHILDREN TO COLLEGE TO BE MURDERED. I sincerely appreciate that UMd thought of Justin and of me and was concerned for my mental welfare. Justin LOVES UMd and this fact will never change....FEAR THE TURTLE! PLEASE stay safe, watch your surroundings and if you do not feel safe get PEPPER SPRAY and USE IT! I remain Justin's concerned momma ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment